SIXTIES STYLE IN THE CITY

The sixties is definitely one of my favourite eras to take inspiration from when dressing. With its Mod subculture and the rise of the mini skirt, (literally), it was a time for youths to experiment with and have fun with fashion. They pushed boundaries and developed new, exciting styles and trends, much cooler than those worn by their parents', whom they'd previously been imitating. 

When I think of sixties style my first thought is of black and white for some reason. I think it's because I'm a huge fan of David Bailey's sixties work, a lot of which was shot in black and white and features icons wearing black suits with white shirts... I just think of his work with the Beatles in 1965 or that fab portrait of Michael Caine! Of course I also like to look at Twiggy and Audrey Hepburn for sixties inspiration to; love those aline dresses and roll necks!









































Here I'm wearing a black and white dress with an Audrey inspired roll neck jumper, ankle socks and pointed patent pumps. What's your favourite era to take inspiration from? Oh, the 80's in another of my go to sources for inspiration, just think of Morrissey in those slouchy tees, jumpers and cardigans! Perfect.... maybe I'll do a Morrissey inspired post soon!

ROLL NECK JUMPER & SHOES FROM BODEN 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.