Copenhagen at Christmas


Last year Matt and I went to Copenhagen just before Christmas and we loved it so much that we decided to go again. This time my Mum came with us too! Flights were pretty cheap, about £90 return each, and we stayed in a gorgeous Airbnb apartment in our favourite neighbourhood, Nørrebro.

We spent our first evening wandering around Tivoli, which is an amusement park right in the middle of the city centre. Obviously it's quite touristy and you do have to pay 110DKK to get in, (which is around £11), but at Christmas they fill the park with Christmas lights, decorations and music - it's so beautiful and a great way to get into the festive spirit! We ended our night at Cafe Plenum which is a cosy cocktail bar in Nørrebro.



The next day we went to the Botanical gardens then Nyhavn before heading to Strøget to do some serious Christmas shopping. We were pretty exhausted by the end of the day so walked back to Nørrebro and treated ourselves to dinner at Provins, a lovely new restaurant that serves traditional Danish food. The staff were super nice and helpful and the food was delicious!



It's always a bit of a pain packing for somewhere chilly as warm clothing tends to be bulky and take up a lot of suitcase space! I tend to stick to a few basics like a roll neck and a couple of cosy jumpers, (one of which I can wear on the plane anyway), then I also pack a lightweight waterproof jacket in the bottom of my bag just in case it pours with rain; like it did the first time I went to Denmark! This time I lived in my new jumper from New Look. It's really cosy and can be worn with jeans or, because it's quite loose, it also looks good over a skirt or dress.





As always the trip didn't feel long enough and I was sad to return to London, but hey, I'm in Devon now having a fabulous time with my family in the lead up to the big day. I'm really enjoying the down-time and looking forward to a fresh New Year. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.