Is it possible to wake up looking pretty?

This is mostly a matter of opinion. I guess it depends on what YOUR definition of pretty is. Some of us see the beauty in everything, except ourselves. 

{Photo via Beauty High. For more tips on waking up prettier, click HERE.}

I don't know about you but the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is look in the mirror. I guess I need to make sure that I am really here. Then I splash cold water on my face to make me realize that, yes, I really am here. I look in the mirror again to see if I have any new blemishes or if any existing blemish has miraculously healed over night. It's so interesting what the night can do to your skin. It usually depends on what we ate or drank the night before. And as we age, our skin becomes even more sensitive to what we eat and drink every day. Does that stop me from drinking a glass of wine almost every night? Not yet. But I am totally working on that. Anyone else with me?

So, the question remains. Is it possible to wake up looking pretty? I say yes, depending on the opinion of the person waking up next to you. And I am guessing that person would not be waking up next to you if they didn't think that you were pretty all the time.

So I guess that question needs to be rephrased a little bit: 
Is it possible to wake up looking pretty in your own opinion?
Yes, it absolutely is. You just need to reprogram your brain a little bit and not be so hard on yourself. You will always judge yourself and you will always want to look different or better before you head out and take on your day. Thank goodness for showers, shampoo and make-up! But it is possible to feel good when you wake up which will then reflect in your image looking back at you in the mirror and it will say, "I look pretty today!"

Here are 10 things to try in order to look feel pretty when you wake up:

1. Stop eating at least 3 hours before bed. If you are like me and never want to feel a hunger pain, then eating a small bowl of Cheerios with skim milk or soy milk about a half an hour before bed won't hurt. My big sister taught me that and it works.

2. Don't drink alcohol. Ever. If you do, plan on not feeling your very best the next day. I don't care if it's just one measly glass of wine. It will affect you in your looks and in your mood. 

3. Drink a smallish cup of chamomile tea about an hour before bed. If you are like me, you will have to wake up in the night and pee, but you will go right back to sleep since you drank tea instead of wine. 

4. Wash all your make up off every night.

5. Brush your teeth and floss every night.

6. Moisturize your hands, face and lips. I use Cetaphil lotion on my face and hands and Bag Balm on my lips.

7. Stop absorbing information at least a half hour before you turn your light off. By information, I mean TV, computers, tablets, cell phones, and even books. I like to listen to soft ambient music with no voice interruptions. It helps me meditate and appreciate the fact that I got through my day and that life is good!

8. Drink water when you wake up in the night. I don't know about you, but I very rarely sleep through the night. I always have a tall glass of water beside me that I will sip on when I get disturbed. This helps to not feel so dehydrated when I wake up, therefore feeling a little bit prettier.

9. A good pillow can make all the difference in the world in how pretty you feel when you wake up. I suggest replacing your pillow every six months for ultimate comfort while you sleep. Also, placing a pillow between your legs when sleeping on your side can make your body feel more comfortable therefore you will sleep better and wake up feeling much prettier.

10. Finally, when you do wake up in the morning, be thankful that you did so. Go do some stretching excersizes for about 20 minutes. You don't need to follow a video or get all dressed up in your workout gear. Just some simple standing and floor stretches will do. Your body will tell you what parts need to be stretched. After that, go look in the mirror and say, I feel pretty today, I look pretty today, I am pretty today! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.