JANUARY (NOT SO) BLUES



Usually January is one of my least favourite months of the year, (alongside February and March). It's cold, it's dark, it's rainy and boring - such an anticlimax after Christmas! I'm normally poor and grumpy about returning to work too - not this year though. I know we're only 11 days in but hey, I'm feeling pretty optimistic. It's not too cold, it's not too rainy and I seem to have adjusted quite nicely to the short days this time around.

Of course I'm still super excited for the long Summer evenings to come. I'm looking forward to leaving work when it's still light, to evening picnics in London parks and being able to wear shorts without tights. But for now I'm content with dark, cosy nights spent inside and wrapping up warm in knitwear - this weekend I've had a lovely time spent snug indoors watching films and doing research on Pinterest, (you can follow me on Pinterest here). I did also pop out for some fresh air yesterday to have a play with my new Olympus Pen! Today I think I'll read my new Wes Anderson book, plan a test shoot, then perhaps watch a film this evening. What are you up to today? 


Here I'm wearing my new coat, which I picked up for £25 in the New Look sale; I actually bought it in a larger size so that it's a lovely boxy shape and falls from my shoulders quite nicely. I don't like fitted coats - coats should be warm, slouchy and oversized - big enough to wrap around yourself and cuddle when you're really cold!


FAKE ROLL NECK FROM H&M
COAT FROM NEW LOOK
RED OR DEAD SHOES 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.